To our Companion Protect Family,
We are listening.
Over the past several weeks, our leadership team has listened to our employees, partners, and neighbors express emotions ranging from anger to frustration, and frustration to exhaustion. Not only regarding the recent incidents, but about our country’s history of social injustice and systemic racism.
As a company, we are appalled by the killings of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and Breonna Taylor, to name a few of so many, and we are troubled by the systemic issues that led to their unjust deaths.
At Companion Protect, every day we work to create a better life for people and their pets. Our employees live by a mission that includes taking a stand for our customers and partners and treating them fairly. While we have always been a proponent of diversity and have internal processes and structures in our hiring practices to support this commitment, we realize that it is simply not enough.
These recent tragedies remind us that this mission must extend beyond the realm of pet insurance to shape how we support those around us.
We can do more. We can listen. We can learn. We can take a stand.
There is no place for racism in the compassionate world we are trying to create. We believe Black Lives Matter.
To that end, we are expanding our diversity, equality, and inclusion initiatives and partnerships to help reimagine the future and will work tirelessly towards being a champion for diversity
Change begins now.
- We are committed to actively recruiting and hiring people of all backgrounds and ensure that all applicants are treated fairly
- We have implemented a robust Diversity and Inclusion policy internally and will begin actively tracking the recruiting, hiring, and retention practices for diverse talent
- We are committed to conducting additional unconscious bias training with all current and future employees, ensuring equality in the workplace
- We are dedicated to forming strategic partnerships with Black Veterinary Associations and the veterinary hospitals their members represent
- We commit to increasing our relationships with HBCUs and diverse local groups to share what we do; then partnering with them to bring more diverse talent to our team
- We commit to supporting our team members who want to take part in the Black Lives Matter protests or who need time to process these tragedies
Change doesn’t happen overnight. To move forward, it will take effort from all of us. Our team will, and our community must, take the next steps together.
To our Black employees, partners, and customers: Know that we stand with you. We see you. We hear you. You are not alone.